One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exactly right.‘her judgment was dead on’
- ‘I think that he's dead on as far as the differences between the two countries goes.’
- ‘Can everyone please pay attention to the list-ridden post below, because apparently it's dead on.’
- ‘Hmm, I thought the article was dead on, and your reaction to it seems to support my opinion.’
- ‘Seriously though, this was so dead on that I decided to read the horoscopes of people I know.’
- ‘The central argument that education about the horrors of the 20th Century is essential to the world's future is dead on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.