One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Designated driver.‘I'm the DD tonight’
3Doctor of Divinity.
4Department of Defense (on forms and documents)‘a DD 214’
5Daman and Diu.
A person's daughter (particularly used in online forums)‘my DD is having three girls sleep over for her sixth birthday’
- ‘We're taking DD and two friends to the Utah Grizzlies/Idaho Steelheads game in SLC! Woohoo!’
- ‘I also purchased a lunch bag for DD, which she thinks is too "cutsey" to take to high school, so I use it instead.’
- ‘My DD has been acting out at school and I am at my wit's end.’
- ‘The official beginning of my family's holiday season is always my DD's band concert.’
- ‘It's DD's last day of nursery tomorrow so we just made cards for her teachers.’
- ‘After dinner DD went to a friends for a sleepover.’
- ‘So much left to do to get DD ready for Brownies camp this weekend!’
- ‘My DD also wants to see Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, do some 5 th Ave shopping, visit Times Square, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.’
- ‘By 10 am they hadn't arrived but we had managed to get DD's bed dismantled.’
- ‘DD's form tutor is fantastic anyway.’
- ‘My DD is nearly 7 weeks old and won't take any milk from a bottle.’
- ‘I was a bit afraid as I was buying our tickets that my DD would perhaps be too old and think I had gone off the deep end for taking her as a teenager.’
- ‘I had made an appointment for DD to have her haircut at 10 am.’
- ‘My DD and I are trying very hard to adopt a new healthy way of eating and snacking.’
- ‘Today DD and I (and DD's friend and sister) braved the rain to walk to Pride Park and join in with hundreds of other Rams fans to see the lads off on the way to Wembley.’
- ‘This evening DD and her friend are going bowling with the free tickets we got back in March and her friend is staying over for the evening.’
- ‘DD and I went shopping then stayed in the warm and watched TV.’
- ‘However, DD's main passion in life is music, so this seemed like a show we may both enjoy.’
- ‘Last Tuesday DD had to take the day off school - her cough was awful and she had no sleep the night before.’
- ‘So now I am looking at making the trek to Pride Park on Wednesday to buy tickets for Me, DD, DS and DD's friend.’
- ‘Taking DD to the doctor today, after she was ill again last nite.’
1990s: abbreviation of darling daughter or dear daughter.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.