One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Designated driver.‘I'm the DD tonight’
3Doctor of Divinity.
4Department of Defense (on forms and documents)‘a DD 214’
A person's daughter (particularly used in online forums)‘my DD is having three girls sleep over for her sixth birthday’
- ‘My DD and I are trying very hard to adopt a new healthy way of eating and snacking.’
- ‘So now I am looking at making the trek to Pride Park on Wednesday to buy tickets for Me, DD, DS and DD's friend.’
- ‘DD's form tutor is fantastic anyway.’
- ‘My DD has been acting out at school and I am at my wit's end.’
- ‘My DD is nearly 7 weeks old and won't take any milk from a bottle.’
- ‘However, DD's main passion in life is music, so this seemed like a show we may both enjoy.’
- ‘This evening DD and her friend are going bowling with the free tickets we got back in March and her friend is staying over for the evening.’
- ‘DD and I went shopping then stayed in the warm and watched TV.’
- ‘It's DD's last day of nursery tomorrow so we just made cards for her teachers.’
- ‘Today DD and I (and DD's friend and sister) braved the rain to walk to Pride Park and join in with hundreds of other Rams fans to see the lads off on the way to Wembley.’
- ‘My DD also wants to see Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, do some 5 th Ave shopping, visit Times Square, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.’
- ‘After dinner DD went to a friends for a sleepover.’
- ‘Taking DD to the doctor today, after she was ill again last nite.’
- ‘The official beginning of my family's holiday season is always my DD's band concert.’
- ‘By 10 am they hadn't arrived but we had managed to get DD's bed dismantled.’
- ‘Last Tuesday DD had to take the day off school - her cough was awful and she had no sleep the night before.’
- ‘I also purchased a lunch bag for DD, which she thinks is too "cutsey" to take to high school, so I use it instead.’
- ‘So much left to do to get DD ready for Brownies camp this weekend!’
- ‘I was a bit afraid as I was buying our tickets that my DD would perhaps be too old and think I had gone off the deep end for taking her as a teenager.’
- ‘I had made an appointment for DD to have her haircut at 10 am.’
- ‘We're taking DD and two friends to the Utah Grizzlies/Idaho Steelheads game in SLC! Woohoo!’
1990s: abbreviation of darling daughter or dear daughter.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.