Casual work paid for on a daily basis.
- ‘He does daywork cowboying, trimming trees, and building fence, and in the fall he operates a hunting guide service.’
- ‘There were no written instructions, no definition of the work required at any site, no tender and little or no on-site verification of daywork sheets by their personnel.’
- ‘The best places to find daywork are the boatyards, where the boats are being made ready for the next season.’
- ‘Please reply giving details of your trade and what rate you require for daywork.’
- ‘We would therefore suggest that this work be carried out on a daywork basis, based on 2 men for a minimum of 8 hours a day at £14 per hour per man.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.