One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Articles of casual clothing suitable for informal or everyday occasions.
- ‘For daywear, I have used gabardine and crepe and for evening, there are vibrant silks and chiffon.’
- ‘New mothers: remember, however tired you are, pyjamas aren't really considered daywear.’
- ‘The best of the lot were reserved for the runway fashion show that featured gowns and daywear.’
- ‘Not wanting to sleep, and not able to, she changed into daywear and slipped into her cloak.’
- ‘Kik Bak, by contrast, is a daywear line featuring retro styling.’
- ‘I'd have to say classic, maybe a little baggy, tending toward the urban casual in my daywear.’
- ‘They had to design, cut and sew three outfits: one outfit for daywear; one for evening and one for a child aged approximately 18 months.’
- ‘Blouses are great for daywear, whether to go to work/school or out for a nice lunch.’
- ‘Short daywear dresses of a similar style are sometimes called babydoll dresses.’
- ‘An array of items erases traditional distinctions between evening dress and daywear.’
- ‘What might be appropriate autumnal daywear for a 27-year-old, size 8-10, who doesn't wear heels if she can help it?’
- ‘Pop a jacket over it and you could wear it to a wedding; add a knit and flat sandals, and it's good for daywear.’
- ‘From daywear to eveningwear, Jarick covered all the bases, though being a bit scattered as far as theme or continuity are concerned.’
- ‘Her evening pieces weren't as fully formed as her daywear pieces, but she gets extra points for getting most of it right.’
- ‘There he changed from nighttime's woolen garb to sturdy leather daywear.’
- ‘Almost entirely white, with minimal decoration, the linen and silk daywear were instant classics.’
- ‘The collection will have different sections to every need of the modern woman - sportswear, daywear, romantic and evening wear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.