The buying and selling of securities on the same day, often online, on the basis of small, short-term price fluctuations.
- ‘Forget about day trading, this guy in Utah is the real money machine.’
- ‘Trading on the BSE is 90 per cent day trading and day trading is purely speculative.’
- ‘Selling a stock takes but a mouse click in this age of online discount brokerages and electronic day trading.’
- ‘[D] uring my law school time…, Internet misuse during class was rampant - online gambling, day trading, checking the news, etc.’
- ‘The spread of the Internet and the adoption of electronic trading have been fundamental to the revival of day trading.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.