Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The buying and selling of securities on the same day, often online, on the basis of small, short-term price fluctuations.
- ‘Forget about day trading, this guy in Utah is the real money machine.’
- ‘The spread of the Internet and the adoption of electronic trading have been fundamental to the revival of day trading.’
- ‘[D] uring my law school time…, Internet misuse during class was rampant - online gambling, day trading, checking the news, etc.’
- ‘Trading on the BSE is 90 per cent day trading and day trading is purely speculative.’
- ‘Selling a stock takes but a mouse click in this age of online discount brokerages and electronic day trading.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.