One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- nonstandard spelling of dog
- ‘Would I rather be called a bitch or a female dawg?’
- ‘Because I was on a flight originating from Jamaica, all passengers from this flight had to walk in single file, so that the dawg could sniff us out.’
- ‘I got some dawgs runnin’ around heah, and I don't know who dawgs they is, and they pit bulls, and I want somebody to come and get 'em.’
- ‘I wouldn't give it to my dawgs or even my worst enemies,’ Xena said with vengeance.’
- ‘Anyway, I'm tired like a dawg, so I am going to draw some Z's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.