One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Veda begins to show a more-than daughterly interest in Beragon herself and an affair begins that Mildred soon becomes aware of.’
- ‘When I get there I'll have to play the bubbly life and soul / daughterly duet thing with my dad.’
- ‘I want you to get well, and then maybe we can spend some mother and daughterly times together, like before, remember?’
- ‘As part of her daughterly duties, Romola assists her father by keeping the books on the shelves in exactly the same places they have occupied for years.’
- ‘Weekends flash by with nothing more than a stroll on one of the hills surrounding Cheltenham; holiday walks are constrained by daughterly reluctance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.