One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When I get there I'll have to play the bubbly life and soul / daughterly duet thing with my dad.’
- ‘As part of her daughterly duties, Romola assists her father by keeping the books on the shelves in exactly the same places they have occupied for years.’
- ‘I want you to get well, and then maybe we can spend some mother and daughterly times together, like before, remember?’
- ‘Weekends flash by with nothing more than a stroll on one of the hills surrounding Cheltenham; holiday walks are constrained by daughterly reluctance.’
- ‘Veda begins to show a more-than daughterly interest in Beragon herself and an affair begins that Mildred soon becomes aware of.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.