One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expansion circuit card affixed to a motherboard that accesses memory and the CPU directly rather than through a bus.
- ‘Each fully populated USRP motherboard supports four daughterboards, two for receive and two for transmit.’
- ‘On the daughterboard you get six 3.5mm audio jacks with jack sensing and optical S / PDIF in and out with a provided cable.’
- ‘So to offer Wi-Fi with a Grantsdale machine lacking the Intel daughterboard, system builders will need to add a complete third-party Wi-Fi adaptor card.’
- ‘The System 1000 is a rack frame with 10 or 12 input modules, and accessory daughterboards add other functions to the modules, such as remote gain or mono/stereo mode control.’
- ‘Space for the other four chips comes from a separate four-way daughterboard, the M4881, which provides four banks of DIMM slots (four slots per CPU) and HyperTransport links to the S4881.’
- ‘The HES hardware includes a daughterboard that can house asics, memories and processors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.