A stew of meat, typically beef, braised slowly in wine.
- ‘Main courses included best end of lamb with shallot purée and rosemary jus, and daube of beef with pomme purée and root vegetables.’
- ‘Beef with carrots was braised to a deep, glossy brown, like a daube, but was a bit on the ragged side and less melting than would be perfect.’
- ‘When I left university, vaguely aware that things were moving on, I found Elizabeth David and tried to make boeuf bourguignon and daubes without success.’
- ‘France also has a number of complex daube and civet recipes for hare.’
- ‘The extensive menu offers a variety of European foods, including its local dishes of escargots, daube de lapin, tete de veau sauce Gribiche and it offers an excellent cheese board.’
- ‘My main course was a daube of beef on a bed of creamed potatoes, with glazed vegetables and a sweet jus.’
French; compare with Italian addobbo seasoning.