One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The representation of information in the form of a chart, diagram, picture, etc.‘data visualization can also be used as a reporting tool’as modifier ‘a developer of data visualization software’
- ‘The interactive map is a method of data visualization used by many business, government, and community programs.’
- ‘Data visualization software can create PDF images of HTML displays for others to follow during the presentation or to file afterwards.’
- ‘Businesses great and small have recognized the need for data visualization.’
- ‘Data visualization is a way to make sense of the ever-increasing stream of information with which we're bombarded.’
- ‘With a data visualization tool, questions are answered and information is presented in simple, helpful, and effective ways.’
- 1.1 A chart, diagram, picture, etc. that is created as a visual representation of information.‘I use my blog to post various data visualizations I put together in my free time’
- ‘You will design and implement novel user interfaces and data visualizations, and take care of the overall user experience offered by the software.’
- ‘Interactive data visualizations and in-depth reports are fundamental tools in the analysis and quality control of complex biological datasets.’
- ‘The application is dynamic and chock full of interactive data visualizations that manage to be understandable and highly personalized for each patient.’
- ‘In addition to creating public awareness, data visualizations are also an important tool for scientists themselves.’
- ‘Data visualizations and infographics are already a staple of our daily media diet.’
- ‘"Our newsroom focuses on creating great visual stories, from videos to data visualizations to illustrations to GIFs, that are designed to live natively on social platforms."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.