One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A particular kind of data item, as defined by the values it can take, the programming language used, or the operations that can be performed on it.
- ‘That reply may be a simple plain text message, an HTML document (the most common form), an image (typically in GIF or JPEG format) or any other complex data type.’
- ‘The posting date column takes advantage of MySQL's TIMESTAMP data type.’
- ‘This section provides a similar discussion pattern for each database server, including data types, datawindow, stored procedures, embedded SQL and special considerations.’
- ‘In addition, a completely new data type, such as pictures or sounds, could be added to the database without disturbing the schema simply by defining a new table.’
- ‘These buttons are presented to the user in tables where each row corresponds to one tunnel run and each column to a specific data type.’
- ‘One alternative, the one chosen by the OpenPhone project, is to pass these signals as a separate data type within the real-time audio stream.’
- ‘To further ease navigation, JMAR organizes data queries by data type, such as inventory management, quality assurance, prime vendor, and equipment.’
- ‘DiscoveryLink provides customers with a federated approach to data management, enabling them to access, manage and analyze data wherever it resides - regardless of the database or data type.’
- ‘Hyperion became the first digital media archive product in the library market to offer users the ability to perform full-text searches in multiple languages across multiple data types.’
- ‘Virtual keysyms are represented by the SDLKey data type.’
- ‘Text is the dominant data type on today's Internet (especially in a low-bandwidth developing nation), so literacy is very important.’
- ‘The first declaration is for the vector constants stored in cVals, sVals, iVals and fVals where the vector data type is declared and defined in the same statement.’
- ‘If you want to define more complex types using XSD, they can be defined within the < types > section of the services description and then specified within the data type for the parameter.’
- ‘Convergence is all about getting each data type to play across networks that weren't built for them.’
- ‘C programmers know that the char data type is an 8-bit integer.’
- ‘Equally notorious is the default prototype for undeclared functions, which assumes the data type of parameters and return value to be integer, unless specified otherwise.’
- ‘Each data type has a host of associated read commands and data-processing commands.’
- ‘If you're fortunate enough to have missed Computer Science 101, a dictionary is the name of the abstract data type that maps keys to values.’
- ‘The book builds on some basic blocks, such as a detailed description of the character set allowed for the data type DisplayString.’
- ‘The central data type of spatial aggregation, the neighborhood graph, is an explicit representation of an object-adjacency relation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.