Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A terminal at which a person can enter data into a computer-based system or receive data from one.
- ‘The handsets will also be used in conjunction with data terminals to enable officers to access local and national databases.’
- ‘The system includes two operator and system control consoles consisting of AN / UYQ - 31 operator data terminals equipped with bit-imagery memory displays.’
- ‘The company, whose market cap improved more than any other British corporation on the list, has benefited from aggressive cost-cutting, rising orders for market data terminals in the U.S. and Japan, and a turn in the markets.’
- ‘Two sites in Czechoslovakia intercepted connections to the West German national police data terminals (INPOL-Netz) located in border police installations at Lindau, Bad Reichenhall, and Nuremberg.’
- ‘This capability is a must because data terminal equipment such as laptops, small digital message terminals, digital cameras and other DTE exist in many cases down to the soldier level in our current and future force.’
- ‘The CentryII also interfaces directly with the Kenwood KDS - 100 mobile data terminal to provide complete fleet-management capabilities.’
- ‘Later, he co-invented both the hand-held calculator and the thermal printer that was used in portable data terminals.’
- ‘Image data is transmitted by a steered, 360 degree J-band video data link to the ground data terminal and then by cable to the control station up to 1 km away.’
- ‘We as signaleers plan, collaborate, engineer, organize, manage, and monitor through the information systems that we establish with our data terminals.’
- ‘The LRIP system includes three air vehicles, two ground control stations, a datalink suite, remote data terminals and modular mission payloads.’
- ‘Each dock worker is equipped with a wireless mobile data terminal, or MDT, designed to speed up the loading and unloading process.’
- ‘Even without the bonus of being able to sell more servers and systems, for the likes of HP and Compaq, the mobile data terminal market represents a huge opportunity.’
- ‘The NYPD does equip cars with mobile data terminals that can give patrol officers license, warrant and stolen property information, but the terminals are installed in just half of the fleet.’
- ‘Reilly stopped in front of a data terminal and began typing out commands.’
- ‘During flight operations, communications with the air vehicle are through the ground data terminals.’
- ‘Lucent hopes to license the chip to manufacturers of wireless data terminals and smartphones.’
- ‘Four air vehicles are contained in each basic Shadow platoon, together with six Humvees, two ground control stations, four remote video terminals and antennas, and one portable ground control station and data terminal.’
- ‘Eifler's information comes through Wireless Data Solutions's subsidiary Dinet of Oceanside, CA, a manufacturer of mobile data terminals and associated peripheral-type software.’
- ‘A keypad and data terminal unit for the section level radio hopefully described as ‘arm-wearable’ turned out to weigh 2kg, claims the Telegraph.’
- ‘The data terminal, containing the Globalstar radio modules, is the main unit in the system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.