One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of related sets of information that is composed of separate elements but can be manipulated as a unit by a computer.
- ‘This data set was split into two broad categories of classical music and popular music.’
- ‘Once you have defined a data set, it is necessary to schedule a backup with it.’
- ‘Only data on terminal inflorescences were included in the 1998 data set.’
- ‘One thousand trees were generated by random sampling of portions of the entire data set.’
- ‘We therefore treated the entire data set as a sample from a single panmictic population.’
- ‘The order of genes in the mitochondria was used as a third data set for phylogenetic analysis.’
- ‘Genetic differentiation was strong in each region as well as in the concatenated data set.’
- ‘Further comparisons can be made by fitting models after combining parts of the data set.’
- ‘The microstructural and morphologic data sets were then combined into a single data set.’
- ‘In our original data set, the results were obtained by computer analysis.’
- ‘This wide range of environmental conditions provides a rich data set to evaluate the three LAR models.’
- ‘The data in this study were part of a longitudinal data set collected by the authors.’
- ‘There was no evidence of recombination within each of these blocks in the entire data set.’
- ‘The data used for this study come from the same data set used for the soybean example just reported.’
- ‘Estimates at each grid node were obtained by consideration of the entire data set.’
- ‘This data set was also derived from a cohort study of rheumatoid arthritis patients.’
- ‘Their data set was composed of mountain and boreal chronologies, with a high number of chronologies close to the tree line.’
- ‘All patient deaths were reported in the primary data set as fractional units of months.’
- ‘Crystals which diffracted well were used to collect a complete data set on synchrotron.’
- ‘The core of the work is the data set related to parasites recorded from grebe species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.