Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of operations on data, especially by a computer, to retrieve, transform, or classify information.
- ‘SETI researchers have used the Internet to access idle desktop computing power to perform complicated data processing.’
- ‘The signal and data processing is carried out on a high speed powerful IBM 4PiCC - 1 computer.’
- ‘People who may have never touched a computer learn how to do word and data processing, acquire an e-mail address, and search and apply for jobs online.’
- ‘With the entire command stack operating above iSCSI, data processing is significantly accelerated.’
- ‘Accurate beam profiling requires careful attention to beam acquisition, detector parameters, and data processing.’
- ‘COBOL processes records and thereby forms the basis for library data processing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.