Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of operations on data, especially by a computer, to retrieve, transform, or classify information.
- ‘With the entire command stack operating above iSCSI, data processing is significantly accelerated.’
- ‘SETI researchers have used the Internet to access idle desktop computing power to perform complicated data processing.’
- ‘People who may have never touched a computer learn how to do word and data processing, acquire an e-mail address, and search and apply for jobs online.’
- ‘COBOL processes records and thereby forms the basis for library data processing.’
- ‘Accurate beam profiling requires careful attention to beam acquisition, detector parameters, and data processing.’
- ‘The signal and data processing is carried out on a high speed powerful IBM 4PiCC - 1 computer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.