One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of examining large databases in order to generate new information.
- ‘The Google API is destined to change the way that developers retrieve data and it opens a whole new level of data mining that has never been available in the past.’
- ‘Though for the advocates anything that involves data seems indistinguishable from data mining, MATRIX is not a data-mining program.’
- ‘Use of data mining techniques is essential for any database marketer.’
- ‘Using data mining and pattern recognition, automakers can relate warranty information back to production.’
- ‘Using basic data mining, Apple can use this information to produce relationship maps, spending information and usage patterns that other companies can only dream about.’
- ‘Once pulled into the SQL database, the information can be sliced and diced using Crystal Analysis data mining software.’
- ‘One version of data mining software tracks the eligibility of students for federal Medicaid benefits.’
- ‘With Capps II, they want to use data mining to identify people based on past patterns.’
- ‘In case you've ever wondered, data mining is the real reason behind supermarket loyalty programs.’
- ‘IBM is to incorporate a couple of OLAP tools into DB2, enabling organisations to do data mining and analysis.’
- ‘The spying programs that are now coming to light are only a part of a broader move by the administration to make greater use of vast databases and data mining techniques to monitor the activity of the population.’
- ‘It is not a big stretch to use these databases to do data mining to look for activity that correlates with patterns found in investigations of known terrorists.’
- ‘Two of them used real medical data from their own databases, while the third focused on data mining.’
- ‘Still, while data mining hardware and software is cheaper, data mining usually requires extensive services, and that can get expensive.’
- ‘It is not uncommon that databases for data mining require their own analytic engine, design and structure.’
- ‘Other types of databases or even flat files may be used for data mining, but are more cumbersome and time-consuming to work with.’
- ‘In scientific data mining, algorithms seek to cluster, generalize, and classify patterns and correlations in databases.’
- ‘Just and Mitchell use data mining and statistical machine software to detect subtle patterns.’
- ‘Real-time access on data mining software could potentially revolutionise the way that telecom companies conduct their business.’
- ‘The use of sophisticated software to do data mining is already something that the private sector is doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.