One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of examining large databases in order to generate new information.
- ‘One version of data mining software tracks the eligibility of students for federal Medicaid benefits.’
- ‘Just and Mitchell use data mining and statistical machine software to detect subtle patterns.’
- ‘In scientific data mining, algorithms seek to cluster, generalize, and classify patterns and correlations in databases.’
- ‘Real-time access on data mining software could potentially revolutionise the way that telecom companies conduct their business.’
- ‘It is not uncommon that databases for data mining require their own analytic engine, design and structure.’
- ‘The Google API is destined to change the way that developers retrieve data and it opens a whole new level of data mining that has never been available in the past.’
- ‘Use of data mining techniques is essential for any database marketer.’
- ‘Once pulled into the SQL database, the information can be sliced and diced using Crystal Analysis data mining software.’
- ‘IBM is to incorporate a couple of OLAP tools into DB2, enabling organisations to do data mining and analysis.’
- ‘With Capps II, they want to use data mining to identify people based on past patterns.’
- ‘In case you've ever wondered, data mining is the real reason behind supermarket loyalty programs.’
- ‘It is not a big stretch to use these databases to do data mining to look for activity that correlates with patterns found in investigations of known terrorists.’
- ‘The use of sophisticated software to do data mining is already something that the private sector is doing.’
- ‘Other types of databases or even flat files may be used for data mining, but are more cumbersome and time-consuming to work with.’
- ‘Using basic data mining, Apple can use this information to produce relationship maps, spending information and usage patterns that other companies can only dream about.’
- ‘Though for the advocates anything that involves data seems indistinguishable from data mining, MATRIX is not a data-mining program.’
- ‘Two of them used real medical data from their own databases, while the third focused on data mining.’
- ‘Using data mining and pattern recognition, automakers can relate warranty information back to production.’
- ‘Still, while data mining hardware and software is cheaper, data mining usually requires extensive services, and that can get expensive.’
- ‘The spying programs that are now coming to light are only a part of a broader move by the administration to make greater use of vast databases and data mining techniques to monitor the activity of the population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.