One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A video camera mounted on the dashboard or windshield of a vehicle and used to continuously record the view of the road, traffic, etc., through the windshield.‘the incident was filmed on a dashcam by a driver waiting at the junction’as modifier ‘police have released dashcam footage from the officer's car’
- ‘The incident was recorded on the officer's dashcam.’
- ‘Some motorists have installed rear-facing dashcams too.’
- ‘The citizenry have resorted to installing dashcams to record police corruption.’
- ‘The dashcam clip filmed this Sunday shows a car overtaking a truck that has stopped on the inside lane.’
- ‘The dashcam video captured the man on tape, running away from the camera.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.