One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large slender-bodied dragonfly.
- ‘Common green darners (Anax junius) are large, strong flying dragonflies. Their average body size is three inches long.’
- ‘Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.’
- ‘A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.’
- ‘Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.’
- ‘Green darners are large, showy dragonflies with silvery iridescent wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.