One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer network with restricted access that is used chiefly for illegal peer-to-peer file sharing.
- ‘That "darknet" has continued to evolve, with its greatest number of implementations being in the civilian sector.’
- ‘The best means of competing with the "darknet" distribution network is on its own terms of convenience and low cost.’
- ‘Although you might see a spike in traffic where a darknet is operating, you won't be able to see inside the encrypted packets.’
- ‘When analysts announced in June that file sharing had dropped dramatically on the Internet, they could have explained the decrease in terms of the amount of darknet file sharing underway.’
- ‘There is evidence that the darknet will continue to exist and provide low cost, high-quality service to a large group of consumers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.