One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dark-colored nocturnal beetle, typically with reduced or absent wings.
- ‘Generally, pitfall trap data indicated that darkling beetles significantly preferred unmowed areas to mowed areas, while crickets showed no preference.’
- ‘In the field experiments, generalist aphids and darkling beetles were the dominant herbivores.’
- ‘A new insecticide labelled for control of darkling beetles, hide beetles and flies, known as orthoboric acid, provides long residual control up to nine to twelve months or longer.’
- ‘Eleodes extricata is a widespread, grassland darkling beetle classified as a scavenger, feeding primarily on decaying vegetation, fungi, and seeds.’
- ‘Hide beetles are larger than darkling beetles, about 1/3 inch long, dark brown on top, with a mostly white undersurface (belly).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.