One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Slightly bitter chocolate, of a deep brown color, without added milk.
- ‘These cookies were extremely dense and buttery to which the dark chocolate was the prefect foil.’
- ‘For dessert Abi and I both had the dark chocolate soufflé with apricot sorbet.’
- ‘When tasting dark chocolate let the chocolate sit in your mouth for a few seconds.’
- ‘Layers of definite lemon scent were blended into dark chocolate.’
- ‘We saw the chocolate being mixed in two vats - dark chocolate and milk chocolate.’
- ‘The dark chocolate has the fruity bitter tang that tickles the fancy of those who favour a southern European style.’
- ‘Melt the dark chocolate, 100g of milk chocolate, the butter and syrup together and then stir in the digestives.’
- ‘Should it be the lemon panna cotta drizzled with ginger syrup or the ice-cream with crunchy dark chocolate and a hint of orange?’
- ‘Chocolate desserts include a cone of white chocolate filled with a dark chocolate mousse.’
- ‘I can easily see myself serving this with a good rare steak, or even a rich dark chocolate dessert.’
- ‘As with all dark chocolate cakes, it tastes better the next day.’
- ‘In the meantime, I suggest dark chocolate as an alternative to the milky stuff as it contains less sugar.’
- ‘If you don't have chocolate chips at home just go to the dairy, a purchase a dark chocolate bar, and chop it up.’
- ‘Baked bananas with dark chocolate rounded off a classy BBQ experience.’
- ‘Sarah's cake was dark chocolate with white chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream.’
- ‘I recommend a good quality dark chocolate, with less sugar and more cocoa.’
- ‘This put me in the mood for the dark chocolate mousse billed with orange sorbet, but served with mango.’
- ‘For dessert there is a wide selection of cakes and tarts such as white and dark chocolate tortes, berry tarts and pecan pie.’
- ‘For various reasons, the copper content of dark chocolate is significantly greater than milk chocolate.’
- ‘Generally speaking, dark chocolate contains about twice as many flavonoids as milk chocolate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.