One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of light microscopy which produces brightly illuminated objects on a dark background.
- ‘Given the inherent difficulties of dark-field microscopy, negative examinations on three different days are necessary before a lesion may be considered negative for T. pallidum.’
- ‘After fixation, roots were sectioned and visualized under dark-field microscopy.’
- ‘Primary syphilis is diagnosed by dark-field microscopy of a suspected lesion or by serologic testing.’
- ‘The coagula appear homogenous (except at the perimeters of the circle defined by the laser beam) under dark-field microscopy at 200X magnification.’
- ‘He was among the first to prepare partially purified antibodies by dissociating antigen-antibody complexes and the first to use dark-field microscopy to visualize the spirochetes of syphilis.’
- ‘Spirochete concentrations were determined by dark-field microscopy, and 10 4 spirochetes were injected intradermally (i.d.) into the shaved dorsal skin at the base of the tail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.