One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘The Nuristanis, who speak Western Dardic, inhabit an area of some 5,000 square miles in Laghman, Nangarhar, and Konar provinces, north and east of Kabul.’
- ‘The Iranian languages, Persian, Afghan Pushtu, Pathan Pushtu, Baluchi, and Tajik, as well as the closely related Dardic, including Kafiri, have been left unstippled.’
- ‘Probably most have returned to Afghanistan Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northwestern zone, Dardic, Shina.’
- ‘Following the example of the extended connotation of the word ‘Dardistan ‘, it has been convenient to give the general name ‘Dardic ‘to all the ‘Aryan ‘languages spoken in this tract.’
- ‘Here, the refugees lived for a couple of generations or more and picked up some words and grammatical elements of Dardic which was added to their Sanskritic language from North-Central India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.