One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female ballet dancer.
- ‘She wants to be recognised as a classical danseuse some day.’
- ‘The pieces followed each other with such rapidity, and the young danseuses exhibited such poise and grace, that it was obvious they had practiced long and hard.’
- ‘Marie Bonfanti and Rita Sangalli were the premières danseuses.’
- ‘The danseuse's grace emphasised the flavour of Odissi, marked by the bends in the body, neck, knees and waist.’
- ‘This year's activities started with a dance performance by Sobhana, award winning film actress and renowned danseuse.’
- ‘On August 31 it will be the Rhythm to Music and Dance workshop conducted by Sheila Srinivas and the young Bharatnatyam danseuse, Suhasini Krishnamurthy.’
French, ‘female dancer’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.