A female ballet dancer.
- ‘The pieces followed each other with such rapidity, and the young danseuses exhibited such poise and grace, that it was obvious they had practiced long and hard.’
- ‘This year's activities started with a dance performance by Sobhana, award winning film actress and renowned danseuse.’
- ‘The danseuse's grace emphasised the flavour of Odissi, marked by the bends in the body, neck, knees and waist.’
- ‘She wants to be recognised as a classical danseuse some day.’
- ‘On August 31 it will be the Rhythm to Music and Dance workshop conducted by Sheila Srinivas and the young Bharatnatyam danseuse, Suhasini Krishnamurthy.’
- ‘Marie Bonfanti and Rita Sangalli were the premières danseuses.’
French, ‘female dancer’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.