A male ballet dancer.
- ‘In the back of the house is Vladimir Vasiliev, creator of some of the Bolshoi Ballet's most unforgettable memories as a premier danseur and now the general and artistic director of the Bolshoi Theater.’
- ‘Ben Stevenson's award was presented on behalf of the magazine by Ivan Nagy, a leading danseur in his time and more recently artistic director of the English National Ballet, Cincinnati Ballet and Ballet de Santiago in Chile.’
- ‘When he was a student, Kudelka had the advantage of working with Erik Bruhn, who, as both dancer and company director, pursued a mission to redirect the audience's gaze from the ballerina towards the male danseur.’
- ‘As a youth, he began his training in classical Eastern and Western dance and in the disciplines of yoga, becoming the premier danseur of the San Francisco Ballet by age 19.’
- ‘She has performed every kind of role, worked with choreographers from A to Z, and danced alongside a string of impressive danseurs.’
- ‘The late Erik Bruhn, premier danseur and former artistic director of the National Ballet of Canada, posthumously endowed a competition to encourage promising young dancers.’
- ‘Since then, she's polished all international reputation, partnering with such danseurs as Carlos Acosta, lose Manuel Carreno, and Giuseppe Picone, and winning enthusiastic critical praise.’
- ‘Her real debut will be Swan Lake, with Royal Danish danseur Johan Kobborg, now with the Royal Ballet, as her partner.’
- ‘She even formed an American touring troupe with the distinguished George Washington Smith, America's first, and aptly named, premier danseur, who taught ballet in Philadelphia until his death in 1899.’
- ‘In 1816 a permanent corps de ballet was established at the Théâtre de la Monnaie opera house in Brussels; in 1819 Jean-Antoine Petipa was hired as premier danseur and ballet master.’
French, from danser to dance.