One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Danish national flag.
- ‘Among many honors he has received are the Knight of the Order of Dannebrog in 1972, and a Commander of the British Empire (C.B.E.) from Queen Elizabeth in 1975.’
- ‘In 1815 Wessel was made a Knight of the Order of Dannebrog: -’
- ‘Legend has it that the banner, called Dannebrog, descended from the heavens in the midst of a battle between the Danes and the Estonians on June 15, 1219.’
- ‘During a later period of Danish history, the red and white national flag, the Dannebrog, was said to have descended from heaven on June 15, 1219, turning the tide in the Danes' battle against Estonia at Lindanaes.’
- ‘Internationally, he was recognised in Denmark by the Commander's Cross of the Order of Dannebrog, in Israel by the Wolf Prize, and in France by being made a Commandeur of the Legion d' Honneur.’
Danish, literally ‘Danish cloth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.