One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, typically brightly colored freshwater fish native to South and Southeast Asia.
Genera Danio and Brachydanio, family Cyprinidae: several species
- ‘All Danios are torpedo-shaped fish, usually small (except for giant danio), and very fast.’
- ‘Zebra danio larvae of 4 mm body length and 35 mm long adults use the same burst and coast swimming style.’
- ‘A very peaceful fish which is why it is so well suited for community tanks, zebra danios tolerate a wide range of temperatures.’
- ‘There are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.’
- ‘Danios and minnows are small, active schooling fish well suited to the community aquarium.’
Modern Latin (genus name).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.