One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
exclamation, adjective, & verbNorth American
- as adjective ‘just get the dang car started!’euphemism for damnas exclamation ‘dang it, Phil, stop snoring!’as verb ‘I'll be danged’
- ‘On top of it all, Braff has a pretty dang funny blog.’
- ‘It's easy to see that a certain drifting melancholy was the goal, and I suppose it's successful in that regard - but dang!’
- ‘I rarely get to go to parties, and I suppose it was selfish to act like a guest at my own soirâe, but dang: I had a fine time.’
- ‘Those in the know will understand why, and for those who haven't - well, dang!’
- ‘The video is on the CD and its dang cool as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.