Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A coarse brush used for grooming a horse.
- ‘His face blank, he dropped the dandy brush he was using into Dream's grooming bucket and began to leave.’
- ‘When grooming the off side, be sure to brush the mane with the dandy brush.’
- ‘The kit should include a hoof pick, curry comb, dandy brush, body brush, mane comb, and towel.’
- ‘The dandy brush is ideal for removing mud and sweat from unclipped horses and ponies without removing the essential oils from the coat.’
- ‘Next, use the Dandy Brush. The motion for this brush is like the same motion you would use when sweeping a floor.’
dandy brush/ˈdandē ˌbrəSH/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.