Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
plural nounNorth american
Fresh dandelion leaves used as a salad vegetable or herb.
- ‘The lamb stew is another great, rib-sticking dish, chock-full of artichokes, roasted tomatoes, dandelion greens, and fresh mint.’
- ‘In the USA there is a small market for cultivated dandelion greens.’
- ‘Bitter greens mentioned in the Bible include watercress, parsley, mint, mustard greens, endive, chicory, lettuce and dandelion greens.’
- ‘We also split a plate of grilled sardines on a bed of dandelion greens with fennel, pine nuts, and capers.’
- ‘Bitter foods like tart red grape juice, arugula, watercress, and dandelion greens also work when you incorporate them into meals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.