Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system of aerobic exercise using dance movements.
physical activity, movement, exertion, effort, workView synonyms
- ‘Williamson possesses a deep, sardonic baritone that makes for a curious counterpoint to his exuberant indie-pop dancercise routines.’
- ‘This year's events that had been lined up for the children at the school included swimming, football, volleyball, Ping Pong and dancercise.’
- ‘When the proposal for the preventive health project was first developed, KKV's weekly exercise classes include a belly dancing class, a yoga class and a dancercize class.’
- ‘Once thought of as something only for little old ladies pool calestetics, water dancercize and water motion classes are gaining popularity with serious athletes.’
- ‘Latin dancercise is a fun way of keeping fit and improving or maintaining your fitness levels.’
1960s: blend of dance and exercise.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.