One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of aerobic exercise using dance movements.
physical activity, movement, exertion, effort, workView synonyms
- ‘This year's events that had been lined up for the children at the school included swimming, football, volleyball, Ping Pong and dancercise.’
- ‘Once thought of as something only for little old ladies pool calestetics, water dancercize and water motion classes are gaining popularity with serious athletes.’
- ‘Latin dancercise is a fun way of keeping fit and improving or maintaining your fitness levels.’
- ‘When the proposal for the preventive health project was first developed, KKV's weekly exercise classes include a belly dancing class, a yoga class and a dancercize class.’
- ‘Williamson possesses a deep, sardonic baritone that makes for a curious counterpoint to his exuberant indie-pop dancercise routines.’
1960s: blend of dance and exercise.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.