One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another dampish day, never quite raining, never absolutely dry.’
- ‘Our weather today is most disappointing, overcast and sort of dampish.’
- ‘It was lunchtime on a dampish day which may have accounted for the small number of customers.’
- ‘Cook mushrooms and garlic in the butter gently, adding enough breadcrumbs to make a dampish stuffing.’
- ‘The ash is beyond dispute one of the most profitable coppice trees in Scotland; it grows freely and rapidly from stools in dampish glens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.