One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Chaytor concludes, damningly, that a university system financed wholly or largely out of general taxation can only ever be a system designed for an elite.’
- ‘What his comments illustrate most clearly, and most damningly, is a depth of arrogance that could go some way towards explaining just why Britain's swimmers have under-performed.’
- ‘More damningly, he seems incapable of engendering either passion or pride in his charges.’
- ‘Most damningly of all, it is alleged that up to six new councillors are heavily in debt on their council tax and voting illegally in the chamber.’
- ‘As unusual and fascinating as it is, theirs is a music with no center at all, and it's this which most damningly exposes its hollow core.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.