One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Why do some people make such a damnably disgusting munching sound when they eat that can be heard miles away?’
- ‘Far be it from me to suggest that, at the end of a parliament, the papers might like to review their own performance in the damnably tricky business of reporting faithfully the news.’
- ‘She is intelligent and sincere, and remarkably uncensorious about the social services which seem so damnably to have failed her.’
- ‘I get to pick up Debbie from her last day at school, which is one of those milestones that come and go so damnably fast.’
- ‘It may not be perfect - but it works damnably well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.