Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small shrub native to Mexico whose leaves are used in herbal medicine and in the production of a liqueur. It is reputed to possess aphrodisiac qualities.
- ‘Did this to make Maywine one year; the brew was mugwort, damiana, rosehips, and some others in mead.’
- ‘Some of the herbs that are listed as ingredients include damiana, chaste tree, black cohosh and saw palmetto.’
- ‘The herbal remedies suggested by the website include kava kava, damiana, lemon balm, St John's wort and 5HTP.’
- ‘In this, it is deeper acting than other herbs, such as the African yohimbe, the South America muira puama or the milder Central American damiana.’
- ‘For an aphrodisiac drink, mix 2 ounces each of damiana and muira puama tinctures in your favorite adult punch.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.