A small shrub native to Mexico whose leaves are used in herbal medicine and in the production of a liqueur. It is reputed to possess aphrodisiac qualities.
- ‘Did this to make Maywine one year; the brew was mugwort, damiana, rosehips, and some others in mead.’
- ‘Some of the herbs that are listed as ingredients include damiana, chaste tree, black cohosh and saw palmetto.’
- ‘The herbal remedies suggested by the website include kava kava, damiana, lemon balm, St John's wort and 5HTP.’
- ‘For an aphrodisiac drink, mix 2 ounces each of damiana and muira puama tinctures in your favorite adult punch.’
- ‘In this, it is deeper acting than other herbs, such as the African yohimbe, the South America muira puama or the milder Central American damiana.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.