One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit used in expressing the molecular weight of proteins, equivalent to atomic mass unit.
- ‘Molecular weights of protein standards are shown in daltons.’
- ‘These proteins allow diffusion of ions and even large molecules of the size of several hundred daltons.’
- ‘Sterically unhindered because its molecular weight is 527 daltons, Argatroban neutralizes the active serine catalytic site of both free and bound thrombin.’
- ‘Determination of the mass spectrum of LCP-J8 resulted in a calculated molecular weight of 14,158.45 daltons.’
- ‘Lepirudin is composed of 65 or 66 amino acids and has a molecular weight of 7000 daltons.’
1930s: named after John Dalton (see Dalton, John).
A city in northwestern Georgia; population 33,648 (est. 2008)
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.