One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characteristic of the surreal or dreamlike style of the artist Salvador Dalí.‘Daliesque creatures of the night’
- ‘This seven-minute gem features a wholesome woman dancing across a Daliesque landscape of grotesque figures, broken bridges, and eerie shadows.’
- ‘Its walls are scarred with bullets and shell fragments, its fountain is twisted into a Daliesque art form.’
- ‘Cities were peppered with warped buildings and other strange Daliesque distortions.’
- ‘In a couple of the drawings, one might identify a Daliesque world of illusion.’
- ‘Contrary to what some have said, this was not satire, nor was it Daliesque surrealism.’
- ‘Two epic and overlapping circles, more than one-third of a mile long from end to end, seem to drape like Daliesque clocks over the bulging landscape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.