Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The basic monetary unit of Gambia, equal to 100 butut.
- ‘When they do, quantities are relatively small and prices are extremely high at about 300 dalasis per kg.’
- ‘Some two million dalasi is still outstanding which is yet to be paid to communities in the LRD.’
- ‘Since 1986, the dalasi was unpegged to pound sterling where it has then free floated.’
- ‘If there are no surviving dependents, burial expenses are payable up to a maximum of 1,000 dalasi.’
- ‘The big boats cost 1200 dalasis / hour and 5500 dalasis for the full day, regardless of the number of people on board.’
A local word.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.