One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who is employed in a dairy or sells dairy products.
- ‘Paul, now coordinator of environmental services for the Western United dairymen, had another goal.’
- ‘Third generation Fresno dairyman Mark McAfee has designed a ‘pro-cow’ environment that leads to pathogen-free raw milk.’
- ‘My grandfather was a longtime dairyman who delivered milk to area businesses and the local college.’
- ‘Her husband, David, who is the society's publicity officer, is a dairyman who also has a small-holding.’
- ‘Of those fifteen per cent who did have some experience many had only worked as farm labourers, gardeners, station hands, dairymen or bushmen.’
- ‘But grazing dairymen are proud of being profitable, and are glad to tell you how they are doing it.’
- ‘Farmers wanted a core of permanent workers available all year round, including skilled tractor drivers, dairymen, and others who worked with machinery.’
- ‘If this seems an extreme idea, president of United dairy Farmers of Victoria, and a dairyman himself, Max Fehring will assure you that it is not.’
- ‘Dutch dairyman Ronald Akkerman has set out his plans for operating a new cheese plant near Workington.’
- ‘William Siebenborn, a Missouri dairyman and UDIA chairman, said forging a single dairy marketing plan and vision will help boost worldwide demand for U.S. dairy products.’
- ‘It is not the first attempt at supply management by American dairymen.’
- ‘But the dairy industry, has become more flexible and proactive, as the marketing gains of the past year show, said Rovey, an Arizona dairyman.’
- ‘These traditions have always been a comfort for Tevye, the local dairyman.’
- ‘Cumbria dairymen continued direct action at milk processing plants this week in pursuit of a better farmgate price for milk.’
- ‘Hilmar, a privately held corporation, was established in 1984 by a group of 12 Jersey dairymen.’
- ‘Citrus growers, dairymen, the grain-milling industry, pickle producers - almost anyone could and did make extravagant claims.’
- ‘At the extreme lows, we know the dairymen can't survive, and at the extreme highs we know you can't sell cheese,’ Jensen says.’
- ‘The Ohio dairyman was cited as one of the state's ‘greatest drivers, leaders and promoters in today's dairy industry.’’
- ‘He predicts that if exposed to more U.S. competition, most dairymen will do just fine.’
- ‘He milks 100 cows and has been a dairyman for 32 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.