One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The creativity of the poet's daimonic reflections can be especially appreciated in his predilection for the adjective ‘mystique.’’
- ‘Yet the resemblances of drama to ritual, verse to spells, and inspiration to shamanism also show literature imitating magical operations that are essentially dynamistic and daimonic.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the ‘moral’ issues at stake have to do with Baudelaire's revision of the sacred as being a daimonic capacity for understanding the self and its relationship to others.’
- ‘The feline presence enables the poet to use the words of his poems as a ritual of daimonic self-reflection that is a kind of satanic Black Mass with three parts moving from devotion to eroticism to mysticism.’
- ‘Harpur argues that ‘the classic grey alien seems to have taken the place of the daimonic entities that have always stalked the world.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.