One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A board that slides vertically through the keel of a sailboat to reduce sideways movement.Compare with centerboard
- ‘Contrary to popular belief, the daggerboard or centerboard does not keep the sailboat from tipping over.’
- ‘If the rudder and daggerboard are made of plywood and glassed they will need to be primed and painted.’
- ‘It was not possible to hoist the daggerboard and a large area of carbon was now visible on the port side.’
- ‘We merely centred our weight over the daggerboards and shoved the tiller round to turn.’
- ‘Late last week, Kingfisher hit a submerged object and damaged her daggerboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.