Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Awkward or unfashionable dancing to pop music, as characteristically performed by middle-aged or older men.‘for optimum embarrassment of offspring, dad dancing is best performed to REM's Shiny Happy People’
- ‘Williams did some serious dad dancing when he appeared on on TV on Friday.’
- ‘If we see any more dad dancing from O'Donoghue, we may rip our own eyebrows off.’
- ‘Inviting your ex is as traditional a part of the Big Day as bridesmaid meltdowns and dad dancing.’
- ‘On the numbers in which he doesn't play he often seems unsure of what to do and, on occasion, comes so close to dad dancing that you wonder when he got so old.’
- ‘From the mayor's dad dancing to the Spice Girls' final performance, the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony was certainly a memorable event.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.