One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The aqueous component of the cytoplasm of a cell, within which various organelles and particles are suspended.
- ‘In thin root sections, more intense fluorescence was observed in the cytosol than in the cell wall.’
- ‘Products of these genes are targeted into at least three cellular compartments: cytosol, chloroplasts, and mitochondria.’
- ‘Ion-selective microelectrodes have been used to measure the activities of ions in the apoplast, cytosol and vacuole of single cells.’
- ‘These biochemical studies were instrumental for understanding the metabolite flux between plastid and cytosol.’
- ‘Some enzymes of glucan metabolism occur in the cytosol of leaf cells, but it is not known if they participate in metabolism of starch or of other substrates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.