One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microscopic network of protein filaments and tubules in the cytoplasm of many living cells, giving them shape and coherence.
- ‘Actin is one of the major components that make up the cell cytoskeleton.’
- ‘There is evidence that the cell wall plays an integral role in axis fixation and it is proposed that fixation occurs as a result of cross linking between the actin cytoskeleton and the cell wall.’
- ‘Dynamical rearrangements in the cytoskeleton enable cells to migrate, to divide, or to maintain their shape.’
- ‘Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.’
- ‘Members of the genus Thermoplasma lack cell walls and possess a cytoskeleton.’
- ‘Several techniques have been utilized to assess the mechanical properties of the cytoskeleton of various cell types.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.