Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The material or protoplasm within a living cell, excluding the nucleus.→ plasma
- ‘Cells with white cytoplasm represent cells that are actively undergoing nuclear division at the designated cell cycle stage.’
- ‘Male sperm cells contain virtually no cytoplasm, and are thus lacking in mitochondria.’
- ‘The numerous single cells had intact cytoplasm and were elongated and columnar.’
- ‘The spindle cells exhibited a scant to moderate amount of homogenous cytoplasm.’
- ‘Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.’
- ‘The protein is expressed in the cytoplasm of the germline stem cells and cystoblasts.’
- ‘Secretory cells have dense cytoplasm with many leucoplasts present.’
- ‘The columnar cells had abundant cytoplasm, basally located nuclei, and no mitoses.’
- ‘More solid areas of the tumor were composed of cells with round nuclei and scant cytoplasm.’
- ‘Because tissues were lyophilized it was not possible to discriminate between cell walls and cytoplasm in the root material.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.