One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The material or protoplasm within a living cell, excluding the nucleus.
- ‘The spindle cells exhibited a scant to moderate amount of homogenous cytoplasm.’
- ‘Male sperm cells contain virtually no cytoplasm, and are thus lacking in mitochondria.’
- ‘Secretory cells have dense cytoplasm with many leucoplasts present.’
- ‘Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.’
- ‘The columnar cells had abundant cytoplasm, basally located nuclei, and no mitoses.’
- ‘More solid areas of the tumor were composed of cells with round nuclei and scant cytoplasm.’
- ‘Cells with white cytoplasm represent cells that are actively undergoing nuclear division at the designated cell cycle stage.’
- ‘Because tissues were lyophilized it was not possible to discriminate between cell walls and cytoplasm in the root material.’
- ‘The numerous single cells had intact cytoplasm and were elongated and columnar.’
- ‘The protein is expressed in the cytoplasm of the germline stem cells and cystoblasts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.