One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The study of inheritance in relation to the structure and function of chromosomes.
- ‘Conventional cytogenetics is a validated technique to study the acquired gross chromosomal aberrations associated with human cancer.’
- ‘She became one of the founders of the field of maize cytogenetics, the genetic study of maize at the cellular level.’
- ‘Recent developments in molecular cytogenetics open new avenues to study mechanisms of interaction of chemicals with chromosomes.’
- ‘Laboratories performing cytology, cytogenetics or histocompatibility testing will undergo on-site inspection every two years.’
- ‘A major success in the investigation of causes of congenital heart disease comes from molecular cytogenetics and the use of chromosome fluorescent in situ hybridisation.’
- ‘In contrast to the advances in genetic and molecular studies, little is known about Antirrhinum cytogenetics.’
- ‘Having a laboratory available to process fresh tissue for cytogenetics and molecular pathology is a key to success.’
- ‘The bone marrow was re-evaluated at the second relapse by morphology, morphometry, DNA ploidy, flow cytometry, and cytogenetics.’
- ‘It was my interest in and enthusiasm about cells and their culture, first awakened there, that 14 years later was to direct me into human cytogenetics, thence human genetics.’
- ‘Prenatal diagnosis for the detection of chromosomal abnormalities was carried out by conventional cytogenetics in the present study in the foetuses of high risk pregnancies in women attending a tertiary care facility in north India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.