Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A centrifuge used for depositing cells suspended in a liquid onto a slide for microscopic examination.
- ‘For the next step, thoroughly cleaned slides and a cytocentrifuge were used.’
- ‘Total cell count was determined with a hemocytometer, and slides for differential cell counts were prepared with a cytocentrifuge.’
- ‘Differential cell counts were obtained from slides prepared using a cytocentrifuge.’
Deposit (cells) on a slide using a cytocentrifuge.
- ‘When a brothbased medium other than a Bactec bottle is received, the specimen is cytocentrifuged, stained, and, if positive, subcultured and probed.’
- ‘Total cell counts from BAL fluid were counted in a hemacytometer, then cells were cytocentrifuged, and Wright stained.’
- ‘Cell preparations were obtained by cytocentrifuging 100 l of the suspension per slide.’
- ‘BAL fluid is routinely cytocentrifuged and stained with Papanicolaou stain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.