One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A centrifuge used for depositing cells suspended in a liquid on a slide for microscopic examination.
- ‘Differential cell counts were obtained from slides prepared using a cytocentrifuge.’
- ‘Total cell count was determined with a hemocytometer, and slides for differential cell counts were prepared with a cytocentrifuge.’
- ‘For the next step, thoroughly cleaned slides and a cytocentrifuge were used.’
Deposit (cells) on a slide using a cytocentrifuge.
- ‘Cell preparations were obtained by cytocentrifuging 100 l of the suspension per slide.’
- ‘When a brothbased medium other than a Bactec bottle is received, the specimen is cytocentrifuged, stained, and, if positive, subcultured and probed.’
- ‘Total cell counts from BAL fluid were counted in a hemacytometer, then cells were cytocentrifuged, and Wright stained.’
- ‘BAL fluid is routinely cytocentrifuged and stained with Papanicolaou stain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.