Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A centrifuge used for depositing cells suspended in a liquid onto a slide for microscopic examination.
- ‘Differential cell counts were obtained from slides prepared using a cytocentrifuge.’
- ‘For the next step, thoroughly cleaned slides and a cytocentrifuge were used.’
- ‘Total cell count was determined with a hemocytometer, and slides for differential cell counts were prepared with a cytocentrifuge.’
Deposit (cells) on a slide using a cytocentrifuge.
- ‘Cell preparations were obtained by cytocentrifuging 100 l of the suspension per slide.’
- ‘Total cell counts from BAL fluid were counted in a hemacytometer, then cells were cytocentrifuged, and Wright stained.’
- ‘When a brothbased medium other than a Bactec bottle is received, the specimen is cytocentrifuged, stained, and, if positive, subcultured and probed.’
- ‘BAL fluid is routinely cytocentrifuged and stained with Papanicolaou stain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.