One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A centrifuge used for depositing cells suspended in a liquid on a slide for microscopic examination.
- ‘Total cell count was determined with a hemocytometer, and slides for differential cell counts were prepared with a cytocentrifuge.’
- ‘For the next step, thoroughly cleaned slides and a cytocentrifuge were used.’
- ‘Differential cell counts were obtained from slides prepared using a cytocentrifuge.’
Deposit (cells) on a slide using a cytocentrifuge.‘aliquots of suspended cells were cytocentrifuged’
- ‘Cell preparations were obtained by cytocentrifuging 100 l of the suspension per slide.’
- ‘Total cell counts from BAL fluid were counted in a hemacytometer, then cells were cytocentrifuged, and Wright stained.’
- ‘BAL fluid is routinely cytocentrifuged and stained with Papanicolaou stain.’
- ‘When a brothbased medium other than a Bactec bottle is received, the specimen is cytocentrifuged, stained, and, if positive, subcultured and probed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.