A surgical incision into the urinary bladder.
- ‘A cystotomy is then performed to remove all possible calculi, followed by routine closure of the bladder.’
- ‘We do nine to twelve, or more, soft tissue surgeries daily, ranging from spays, neuters, declaws, ear trims, lumpectomies, cystotomies, to elongated soft pallet resections.’
- ‘This device is especially useful for approximating tissues, repair of enterotomies and cystotomies, and performance of the laparoscopic Burch procedure.’
- ‘Surgeries such as Cesarean sections, fracture repairs, tumor removals, foreign body removals and cystotomies are all performed at our facility.’
- ‘A variety of surgical procedures are performed at our hospital including spays and neuters, wound repairs, cystotomies, tumour excisions, intestinal surgeries, and some orthopaedic surgery.’
- ‘About a third of people who have suprapubic cystotomies develop bladder stones sometimes during the first 10 years after placement.’
- ‘Operative cystotomies occurred in three patients: two were repaired laparoscopically and one required laparotomy.’
- ‘Single layer appositional closure is recommended for most cystotomies and particularly for thick-walled bladders.’
- ‘Intraoperative complications are uncommon, though haemorrhage, haematoma, and cystotomy may occur.’
- ‘Suprapubic cystotomy was routinely carried out for bladder retention, and bladder lavage for urinary infection.’
- ‘An endoscopic suturing device has been used both to repair ruptured bladders and close cystotomies in humans and experimental animals.’
- ‘Surgery is equipped with the highest quality instruments, including cautery and suction, allowing us to perform many soft tissue surgeries such as ovariohysterectomies, neuters, tumor removals, cystotomies, abdominal exploratories, and much more.’
- ‘Both cystotomies were repaired intraoperatively with a two-layer closure using an absorbable suture.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.