Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the urinary bladder. It is often caused by infection and is usually accompanied by frequent, painful urination.
- ‘Cytoxan can cause an inflammation in your urinary bladder called cystitis.’
- ‘Interstitial cystitis is a painful bladder condition that may be aggravated by acidic foods and beverages like coffee, orange juice or tomato sauce.’
- ‘Urinary urgency occurs as a result of trigonal or posterior urethral irritation caused by inflammation, stones, or tumor and is common with cystitis.’
- ‘Uterine prolapse is associated with incontinence, vaginitis, cystitis and, possibly, uterine malignancy.’
- ‘These can also be symptoms of a urinary tract infection, or cystitis, which is much more common in young women than kidney stones.’
- ‘The most typical symptom of interstitial cystitis is pelvic pain.’
- ‘Antibiotics are used in the treatment of cystitis.’
- ‘A three-day regimen of a fluoroquinolone is also acceptable treatment for uncomplicated cystitis.’
- ‘Symptoms referable to cystitis may also be caused by urethritis or vaginitis.’
- ‘Cystitis or interstitial cystitis cause pain as the bladder fills.’
- ‘Mild bacterial infections such as cystitis will usually go away on their own, in 2-4 days.’
- ‘A typical attack of cystitis can be painful, but usually clears up after a few days without causing long-term problems.’
- ‘For cystitis and urine infections, antibiotics such as trimethoprim or ciprofloxacin are good; both will treat most cases of urine infection within a couple of days.’
- ‘Eventually she developed cystitis and vaginitis and was forced to consult a doctor.’
- ‘No organism was identified in this patient, but she had cystitis without evidence of ascending infection.’
- ‘If you have repeated infections, you may need tests to see whether there is an underlying problem such as damage to your bladder, or whether you are simply prone to cystitis.’
- ‘Hematuria may be present in patients with cystitis and pyelonephritis.’
- ‘Mild infections may cause urethral discomfort and dysuria without discharge and may be confused with cystitis.’
- ‘In general, treatment of pregnant patients with acute cystitis is initiated before the results of the culture are available.’
- ‘Cranberry juice is recommended by doctors to help in the treatment of chronic urinary infections and cystitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.