One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary disorder affecting the exocrine glands. It causes the production of abnormally thick mucus, leading to the blockage of the pancreatic ducts, intestines, and bronchi and often resulting in respiratory infection.
- ‘This test is an accurate way of finding out whether the baby has a number of genetic or inherited disorders, such as Down's syndrome or cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘He was born with cystic fibrosis, an inherited lung disease that could easily kill him within the next decade.’
- ‘The barrister daughter of a leading Bradford judge has died after a long battle with cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘Green sputum may point to an infection with a bacterium, Pseudomonas pyocyanea, common in cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘He was tested for cystic fibrosis and celiac disease, but the tests came back negative.’
- ‘Symptoms of cystic fibrosis include frequent wheezing, chronic cough, and pneumonia.’
- ‘Along with asthma and cystic fibrosis, BPD is one of the most common chronic lung diseases in children.’
- ‘The meconium can be so thick in babies with cystic fibrosis that it blocks the intestine.’
- ‘General practitioners may not encounter many patients with single gene disorders like cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘Patients with interstitial lung disease, such as cystic fibrosis, are at high risk of deterioration on travelling to altitude’
- ‘People with cystic fibrosis have a high chance of getting sinusitis.’
- ‘Annually, about 1,000 persons in the United States are diagnosed with cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘Lung transplants are performed when people have diseases such as emphysema and cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘Inspiratory muscle weakness due to lung hyperinflation and muscle wasting may occur in cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘The mutations that cause cystic fibrosis and dozens of other diseases are now routinely diagnosed in genetic testing labs.’
- ‘Vitamin K deficiency may play an important role in bone health in patients with cystic fibrosis.’
- ‘Certain painful and tragic hereditary diseases such as cystic fibrosis might be cured and even eliminated.’
- ‘I met my fiancé through kayaking, and because she has cystic fibrosis I want to do as much as I can to help her and other people who have this inherited disease.’
- ‘Their six year-old daughter Holly was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at five months, after she experienced digestive problems.’
- ‘Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis is most often a complication of asthma or cystic fibrosis.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.