One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A surgical operation to remove the urinary bladder.
- ‘The urologist recommended a radical cystectomy and ileal conduit as the best chance for a possible cure.’
- ‘The patient became transfusion dependent and subsequently underwent cystectomy and ileal conduit urinary diversion.’
- ‘All patients underwent cystectomy for bladder cancer and had regional lymph node metastases at the time of surgery.’
- ‘A radical cystectomy and prostatectomy with bilateral pelvic lymphadenectomy and appendectomy were performed.’
- ‘Choosing a hospital that either performs many cystectomies or has a high nurse-to-patient ratio minimizes post-operative complications after the procedure, according to a new study.’
- ‘This patient underwent total cystectomy, and the resection specimen showed more typical areas of high-grade urothelial carcinoma with several prominent areas of gland formation.’
- ‘Radical cystectomy was performed 1 month after the initial operation.’
- ‘As a result of the review, five radical cystectomies were avoided.’
- ‘A cystoscopic biopsy of the midline anterior wall of the bladder revealed a mucinous adenocarcinoma, which was treated by wide partial cystectomy.’
- ‘A radical cystectomy with bilateral pelvic lymph node dissection and creation of orthotopic neobladder was performed.’
- ‘One case each of leiomyosarcoma involved the bladder and kidney and had been treated by partial cystectomy and total nephrectomy, respectively.’
- ‘In extreme cases, surgical interventions, such as a cystectomy and ileocystoplasty procedure, have been used.’
- ‘Biopsies of cystoscopically evident flat lesions were performed, and the patient subsequently underwent a radical cystectomy.’
- ‘The patient made a full recovery after a partial cystectomy.’
2A surgical operation to remove an abnormal cyst.‘an ovarian cystectomy’
- ‘Her medical history included a cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and ovarian cystectomy for a benign cyst, all performed approximately 20 years before this presentation.’
- ‘During a laparotomy for ovarian cystectomy on a 38-year-old woman, the surgeon encountered extensive adhesions, making identification of the anatomic landmarks difficult.’
- ‘She had a history of a right ovarian cystectomy several years earlier but no history of sexually transmitted diseases or pelvic inflammatory disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.